FASD Training, Workshops, and Support
Michael has presented to and trained professionals and laypersons on FASD since 2001. He is available for speaking at conferences and FASD workshops, training agency staff, and consulting on issues related to FASD (no forensic work at this time). Michael is also able to customize and tailor trainings to your specific needs. Contact him via the “Contact Michael” page to discuss availability and booking fees.
Speaking and FASD Workshop Topics
Various speeches, presentations, workshops and trainings are available for audiences small to large, general overviews to specific trainings geared to your needs, and in-person to online. Contact Michael for a free consultation to see if a training is right for you. If your agency is a non-profit, a school, or a Tribal/First Nations agency, ask about the courtesy training discount.
Keynote Speeches (30-60 minutes)
- Getting Back to Ready™ – School functioning and Self-Regulation
- FASD: It’s All In Your Head
Presentations (90 minutes)
- The FASD Wheel™ Overview
- The Seven Worst Mistakes to Make with FASD
- FASD Medicine™
- Praise for Change™ Overview
Half-Day Workshop (three hours)
- The FASD Wheel™ – “Normal” and FASD Brain Functioning
- The FASD Wheel™ and Practical Applications
- Praise for Change™ – Gaining Compliance and Building Self-Esteem
Full Day Workshops (six-seven hours)
- The FASD Wheel™ and Intensive Applications
Customized trainings are available at any of the above levels and can be determined based on client needs. Other training topics related to understanding FASD or trauma-informed care (including the informational background as well as interventions) can be developed for your specific need. Contact Michael for a free consultation about your training needs.
FASD Teleseminar / FASD Webinar Consultation Groups
- Beginning Summer 2016, Michael Harris is offering monthly, 90-minute FASD consultation groups by phone (teleseminar) and simulcast online (webinar) specifically for parents, foster parents, and adoptive parents of children with FASD. Other interested individuals may also participate as space allows.
- Here is what you get:
- 15 minutes of recent FASD news, updates, and announcements
- 15 minute presentation of a new or helpful FASD intervention OR guest speakers
- 60 minutes of question-and-answer time for participants to consult with Michael Harris about real-life FASD issues with which they are grappling and hear about solutions from others that have worked
- Archive of all consultations to review again at a later time or if you missed the call
- Individuals may purchase and experience a single consultation or purchase them at a reduced, three-month rate.
- How do I get this?
- Please sign up for the FASD News & Tips email, which will announce this service when it becomes available. There will be complimentary versions and versions for purchase online (fewer participants, more customized help).